Are You and Your Family Protected from Fires, Smoke or Carbon Monoxide?
Here are some important questions to consider:
- Do you have the smoke detectors installed?
- Do you have CO2 detectors installed in your home?
- Are they installed in the right places?
- Do you have enough detectors in your home?
- Is one of your detectors beeping or malfunctioning?
Did you know that most people who die in a house fire, die from the smoke, not because they were consumed by the fire? What’s even worse is that this happens to many people while they sleep, and if they do wake up, often it is too late to escape. Smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors can prevent this and alert you during an emergency. During a fire the smoke can be so intense and thick you can’t see where you are going. If you are ever in a fire the best thing to do is crawl on the ground to escape smoke inhalation and get out as fast as possible.
Death and Injury Can be Avoided by Taking Just a Few Easy Steps
- Smoke detectors should have a battery backup.
- Batteries should be changed out frequently
- Smoke detectors should be checked every few weeks
If you do not have smoke detectors or carbon Monoxide detectors, if you have any questions or concerns about your existing smoke detectors or if you need monthly maintenance please give Kings Electric and HVAC a call today.